Ethos Multiverse Inc. and our affiliates and subsidiaries ("Ethos", the "Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of customers and website users ("you").·
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website ethosnft.com, any of our brand’s (being clients of Ethos and such brands as the offering entity of any relevant NFTs or digital assets) subdomain addresses or any of our other online properties, websites, technologies, applications or platforms (collectively, the "Platform").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant and used for limited purposes.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On the Platform.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Ethos or the Platform.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Platform, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Platform.
- When you interact with our applications on third-party websites and services if those applications include links to this policy.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use the Platform. By accessing or using this Platform, you indicate that you acknowledge the notices in this policy.
We collect, use, and disclose your personal information with your consent and as permitted by applicable privacy laws. Depending on the information we collect and the purposes for which the personal information will be used, your consent may be express or implied. When you voluntarily provide personal information to us, we will imply your consent to use and disclose that information in accordance with this policy. If you wish to withdraw your consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please see the “Withdrawing Your Consent” section below.
Information we collect about you
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, including your contact information (such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, Internet protocol address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet or other information), your account information (such as your display name, password, multifactor authentication data or other information), your payment information (such as your credit card information, external cryptocurrency wallet information), and your identity verification (such as your driver’s license, passport, social security number or other information) and any other information or identifier.
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as, demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Platform feature.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Platform, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Platform interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from the Platform (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times,download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Other information, and any other personal information that you or other parties give to us or submit directly to us on a voluntary basis.
How we collect information about you
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms, entering information on the Platform or corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
- User Generated Content. We may collect content or other personal information (such as product testimonials, blog posts and associated pictures photos or videos) that you may provide or create when you interact with the Platform.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through the Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, including from payment processing providers, risk assessment providers, identity verification providers, regulators and other service providers and business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through the Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or entering on the Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering an account to use the Platform, subscribing to any service, posting material on the Platform, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including emails), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Platform and of the fulfillment of your transactions. You may be required to provide payment information (such as your credit card information, external cryptocurrency wallet information) before completing transactions through the Platform.
You may also voluntarily provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Platform or transmitted to other users of the Platform or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, you may be able to set certain privacy settings by logging into your account, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform or any other parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions and we are not responsible for the use by any other party of the User Contributions that you disclose, transmit or display in public areas of the Platform.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to the Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Platform and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the following purposes:
- To present the Platform and its contents to you.
- To contact and correspond with you directly and to manage our relationship.
- To facilitate and manage your account and to process transactions on the Platform.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or manage risk and to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to the Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve the Platform, products or services, marketing or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on the Platform (including community spaces such as www.huddl3.org).
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the information we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant information to you.
- To send you commercial electronic messages, which could include messages about your transactions on the Platform, upcoming events or campaigns on available from Ethos or any of our brands, news or upgrades to the Platform or other information that may be relevant or of interest to you.
- To detect and prevent fraud and protect the security of the Platform.
- To meet our legal obligations and for regulatory purposes.
We may also use your personal information to provide you with products and services you request or for other purposes that we may identify at the time of collection.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of your information
Except as described in this Policy or in other situations where we have provided you with notice, have obtained your consent, or are obligated or permitted by law, we will not share your personal information with third parties.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
To our subsidiaries or affiliates to continue operation of the Platform in the event of any potential future reorganization of the business.
To successor entities or acquiring entities in the event of a potential sale or transfer of any part or all of the business as we may decide to sell or transfer all or part of our business to a related company or to a third party company, to merge with another entity, or to engage in another form of corporate or financing transaction (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or as part of a corporate reorganization). We may share your personal information in connection with the evaluation of and/or entry into such transactions.
To our third party brands to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see "Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address with the instructions to "email a friend", we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
To any of our brands who are contractually obligated to treat personal information in accordance with their own privacy terms and conditions and who may use such information to contact you directly. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our brands are only using personal information for authorized purposes and that they implement reasonable privacy and security safeguards. Such information shared with our brands in this capacity is limited to your contact information.
For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, including sharing such information with our brands as set out in our Terms of Service, your agreement with such Terms of Service is required to use the Platform as set out in such Terms or Service.
We may disclose certain information on the Platform and share such information with our brands, including personal information, relating to any transactions you attempt, initiate or perform on the Platform. Such information may be disclosed to any of our brands, on the Platform or in any online properties or communications at the discretion of Ethos or our brands and shall be limited to offer price, currency denominated, transaction results, display name and region of residence or domicile.
We may also disclose your personal information:
Where authorized or required by law. For example, we may disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ethos, our brands, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If your are a European user
If you are a California user
We do not sell unaggregated personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. In accordance with the California Consumer Protection Act, under certain circumstances, California users have the right to request Ethos to disclose or to delete specific components of personal information that Ethos may have collected. If you are a California user, you may submit a request by email for this information or for deletion of this information by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org. If required to do so, we will respond to your request in the manner and time provided for in accordance with the California Consumer Protection Act.
Storage and access to your personal information outside of Canada
Some of our third-party service providers are partially or fully located outside of Canada. As a result, your personal information may be processed, stored, and transferred outside of Canada. This includes the EU the United States. These jurisdictions may have different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Platform, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have expressly or implicitly consented to receiving commercial electronic messages from us, you may receive commercial electronic communications from us. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications from us, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. If you opt-out, we may still use your e-mail address to communicate with you regarding important matters, such as about your account, or regarding a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transaction. You may not opt-out of receiving communications required by law, or which are necessary to provide you with requested services and/or products.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for choosing a strong and unique password and for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you. Please contact our privacy officer in writing at the contact information noted below, with sufficient detail to enable us to identify the personal information being sought or corrected.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions may include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process, if applicable.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
We may charge a reasonable fee according to the cost required to retrieve and provide access to the requested information. We may provide an estimate of the fee in advance and in some cases, will require a deposit for all or part of the fee.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawing your consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer or disclosure of your personal information, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent. In some cases, withdrawal of your consent may not be possible due to legal obligations or requirements. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to use certain functions within the Platform or you may not be able to access or use the Platform in its entirety.
Contact information and challenging compliance
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact us using the contact information listed above.
If you are not satisfied with our response to a complaint, you may have options to exercise, including to raise the complaint with the relevant Privacy Commissioner:
The Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia
The Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta
Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada